Is CMMS software needed in your sector?
23rd March 2021 Protean General
Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Software offers a comprehensive package containing information regarding equipment operations and provides extensive oversight tools. This means that it can benefit a wide range of companies by improving visibility and efficiency. But knowing who needs CMMS software is essential to a Successful Implementation, and therefore today’s question is greatly important if you’re considering such a solution.
How does it work?
Offering an easy solution for companies to track the condition of equipment and schedule maintenance and servicing, CMMS tools allow technicians to prioritise work orders. It stores records of company equipment in a secure yet easily accessible Inventory Management System, which helps with visibility when it comes to company data. Essentially, its main features and benefits are:
- Easier warranty processing with equipment
- Stock level calculation and automated purchases
- An intuitive dashboard for planning, updating, and scheduling tasks
- Job cost and payment calculation
- A customer database for client relationships
This can save a significant amount of time for businesses by reducing delays to jobs whilst making equipment more efficient and potentially cost-effective. Read more about CMMS Operation Here.
Who needs CMMS Software?
In short, any firm operating with machinery, or any business with field workers that regularly use fleet vehicles or company equipment, will benefit from CMMS solutions. However, there are a lot of departments that might find a software product useful for improving efficiency and productivity, which could include:
- Management staff (facility overseers, maintenance teams, operations leaders etc.)
- Engineer workers (such as electrical or gas engineers, HVAC technicians, and many other field teams)
- Inventory sectors (anyone in your company that needs access to historical maintenance records, supply levels and a registry of spare parts)
- Health and safety staff (CMMS software has a lot of the same benefits for medical equipment and for logging safety checks and certifications)
- IT departments (allows them to oversee your company’s digital operations)
- Executives (it provides business resources that can help with effective decision-making)
You can find a full list of the Sectors our CMMS Operates Here for more information.
Overall, Protean’s CMMS Software can offer benefits to a wide variety of industries, helping to make a range of departments in your business more productive. But don’t just take our word for it. See for yourself how we can help by Booking A Demo or, to ask us any questions, feel free to Contact Us Here.
Write a Comment